Cat Products > New Kitten Shopping List
NOTE! Not all Tail Blazers carry the same products, please contact your local Tail Blazers for availability. Some stores may carry brands that are not listed below. What IS the same at all locations? The healthiest selection you can find!
- HEALTHY FOOD – The most important decision you’ll make for your kitten! Whether you choose raw, kibble, canned, or a variety of them all – variety is key at this stage to help build a healthy immune system and strong digestion! Always choose natural, high quality foods!
- MULTI-VITAMIN AND ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS – When accompanied with a healthy diet, a daily multi-vitamin can be beneficial to prevent disease and increase life span. EFAs are great for skin and coat health.
- CAT SHAMPOO – “Earthbath’s” cat shampoo is gentle and smells great!
- EAR CLEANSER OR WIPES – An ear cleaner with natural antibacterial properties is ideal for ear health. Try “Earthbath’s” Ear Wipes.
- BRUSH AND NAIL CLIPPERS
- SOFTCLAWS NAIL CAPS – These vinyl nail caps can be glued onto your cat’s nails to prevent destructive scratching.
- DENTAL HYGEINE PRODUCTS – There are several natural liquids and gels on the market that help combat plaque and tartar like “Petzlife”, “LebaIII”, and “Vet’s Best Dental Gel”. Don’t forget the toothbrush and a natural toothpaste.
- INTERACTIVE/TREAT DISPENSING TOYS – Try a cat wand to entice your kitten to chase you, or the “Slimcat” treat dispensing ball.
- CATNIP/HONEYSUCK TOYS/TREATS – Try “Yeowww!” Catnip cigars or bananas!
- STAIN REMOVER – “Nature’s Miracle for cats” works fantastic for removing stains and odours and helps prevent your cat from going in the same place twice.
- CHEW DETERRENT – Vet’s Best “Bitter Cherry” spray tastes bad and can be used on many inappropriate chewing surfaces.
- NATURAL CAT LITTER – Be environmentally friendly and try one of our scoopable, flushable, and biodegradable litters such as "World’s Best" (corn), or “Feline Fresh” (pine).
- LITTER BOX AND SCOOP – Some cats are ok with covered boxes, and some cats are not. Choose a scoop made for clumping litters.
- COLLAR, HARNESS, AND LEASH – Try “RC" collars, leashes, and harnesses – you can walk your cat outdoors just like a dog!
- TRAINING TREATS – Soft and aromatic treats work best for training. Cats LOVE “Purebites” treats!
- CAT LICENSE/NAME TAG – City license and name tags like “Red Dingo” will help get your kitten home should he go missing.
- SNUGGLY BED – A warm place to sleep to call his own! “Westpaw Designs" has all kinds of ECO friendly beds made out of recycled pop bottles!
- FOOD AND WATER BOWLS – Stainless Steel bowls are easiest to keep clean.
- SCRATCHING POST – Find a tall, sturdy, rough post for your cat to scratch on to prevent inappropriate scratching.